Wednesday, December 19, 2012

He met me here....and there....He meets me everywhere

Sometimes I go to church and my mind starts to wander.....it wanders off to my to do list.....to paying attention to every little move the twins make......to wondering if I should have reminded staff about Gracie's milk allergy just in case she picks up a cup that isn't hers. On the other hand, sometimes I feel like the message was meant just for me.

This last Sunday, at church, we were were asked to share a story and a picture (in the form of social media) of where God met us. Whether we shared the story of the first time or the umpteenth time-a story of when and where God met us. I've said before my memory isn't great but as I sat through the remaining time in service a few images came to mind. It brought great joy for me to think of the moments in life where God met me......

The first thing that came to mind was of the Church of Christ in Dos Palos, CA......probably around the time this photo was taken........
I saw several of us in the above picture on a bench singing, "Blue skies and rainbows and sunbeams from heaven, are what I can see when my Lord is living in me....I know that Jesus is well and alive today, He makes His home in my heart....never more will I be all alone since He, promised me that we never would part."

Next was YBC-Yosemite Bible Camp......

This one below is like Where's Waldo.......can you spot me?

How I loved going there every summer......He met me there each year. I learned of His forgiveness and love, how to worship and pray, and how fellow believers make the best friends. It was just one week out of every year......but it shaped me-because He met me there.

And then.....The Well

In 2007 I became angry with God........frustrated that my many prayers to heal a broken marriage were unanswered. I had no desire to maintain my relationship with Christ.......and over a year went by. At the start of 2009 Gage and I moved into a house and my friend Kelsi became our roommate. She asked me to go to church with her-we had gone together before but it had been a while. I was ready.....and so I started going again. Then I started dating Matt.....he also went to The Well so we would meet there or go together. I remember standing in church later that year; it wasn't the Christmas service but it was that time of year. Matt had just brought over the biggest Christmas tree that would fit in my apartment. It was the first beautiful Christmas I'd had in several years. We were singing, "Jesus paid it all, all to him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, he washed it white as snow." I felt a warmth run through me.......like the temperature of the blood in my veins had just increased by ten degrees. It was the Holy Spirit-there to assure me that I was forgiven.......that even though I had been angry, that I had turned away, that I had questioned and probably even cursed Him-I was forgiven. Of all our meetings-that one stands out the most.

Then an image of our wedding day........



He met us there. He lives in the heart of my husband.......through Matt and my children He meets me daily.......His presence is the reason I am not a worrier......

I am so grateful I was asked to share this story.......

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment