Sunday, December 23, 2012

How we started Christmas.......

A few months ago Matt and I decided that we needed to plan a weekend away without the kids.........we figured with twins on the way this would be our last opportunity to get away for.........several years. November was too busy and we didn't want to go while I was too far along so we decided on the first weekend in December. This meant that we had to get our Christmas tree BEFORE we left......I mean, if we were going to be gone the first weekend in December I couldn't wait for our tree to go up the SECOND weekend.

Each year we go out to find the biggest tree that we can fit in our house. I can't do the fake tree......it's just not our thing. I like the smell.....trying to find the tree with the fewest imperfections......the chill of the Christmas tree lot......it just wouldn't be right without it. Once we have the tree we put on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, drink hot chocolate, and decorate the tree. The kids were hilarious. I wish I had taken a video but these pics are Gage and Gracie dancing......




Matt is crazy about having me "take it easy" this pregnancy so from the couch I gave directions on what to do. Here was the final product......

I've been searching for an angel to top the tree for years but haven't found one I like. I finally made Matt and Gage happy this year by getting a star.

After the tree was up and decorated I was ready for our trip out of town. The trip was perfect. We got a room at Tally Ho in Carmel, and left the kids with my mom for the weekend. The weather was drizzly but we just spent the weekend relaxing, reading, doing a little shopping, and enjoying some great meals. What we enjoyed most was sitting outside by the fire and enjoying some quiet time without the kids.

Our tree has changed since the above picture was taken......as gifts have stacked up for our loved ones. More posts on our holiday to come......

Love.




No comments:

Post a Comment