Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Matt, me and quiet

Last weekend Matt and I went to Carmel. Just us, no kids. My mom kept Jay and Ashlyn while Gage and Gracie got to stay and play with cousins at Auntie Amy and Uncle Phil's.

Carmel is a special place for us because one of the first "dates" Matt took me on was to the Pro-Am at Pebble Beach. Last year we went around this same time but I was the size of a small Carmel cottage so it wasn't quite as enjoyable as this year. We made no plans outside of dinner reservations. This trip we went to Pacific's Edge restaurant for the first time and I would definitely recommend it. The clam chowder was fantastic and our dessert (chocolate croissant bread pudding with salted caramel ice cream) was to die for. It was better bread pudding than Cracked Pepper. Yes. I said it. Better than Cracked Pepper. It was too dark for us to enjoy the view but we could see the moonlight on the water and I can imagine it's spectacular when the daylight hours are longer.

My only regret about the trip was that I didn't get a few pics. I'm still working on the selfie.....I can take pics of myself with the kids but with the hubs......still warming up to that.

It was nice to have time as husband and wife.....without being mom and dad. We sat at dinner for a long time just enjoying the uninterrupted conversation.....knowing there was no rush to get in baths, brushing, and books before bed.

But these faces were waiting......




and we missed them.

We are busy enjoying the time counting down to Christmas. Builder has remembered to move every night and we've spent the evenings watching holiday movies. Yesterday Matt brought home the peppermint M&Ms and I cut Gage's sandwich with the Christmas tree cookie cutter. We probably won't make Christmas Tree Lane or frost cookies but we're doing pretty well considering.

More on the kids next post.

Love



No comments:

Post a Comment