Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Children can be so perceptive........

Today I had to explain to Gage that his Grumps had passed away. Grumps was a grandfather (not by any blood relation but by spirit and love) to Gage. He cried and said, "I didn't get to say goodbye. We haven't seen him in a while and I didn't get to say goodbye to him. I want to see him." We cried together and I explained that the good news was that Grumps had been hurting for a long time and he would no longer have to live in pain. 

A few hours later Gage and I were on the couch, I had my arm around him, and he was reading his book from school to me. Grumps crossed my mind.........and I kissed Gage on his head. He stopped reading and when I looked down his eyes were welling up with tears.......he said, "Mom, when you kiss me like that it makes me sad about Grumps." It was as if he knew that's the reason I was kissing him......the perceptiveness of children never ceases to amaze me........

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment