Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Just catching up a little......

Time is a funny thing.......it gets away so quickly sometimes. Yesterday I was sitting on the couch with my feet up when I noticed my toes. I thought, "Man, that pedicure sure didn't last long"......then I realized I had them done right before the twins were born......that was a month ago......and the reality was my pedicure had actually lasted a really long time.

Evenings can be tough around here.....the witching hour. The babies always seem to be fussier and Gage and Gracie are impatiently awaiting dinner. Matt doesn't get home until 6:30 so it's a mad rush to get in dinner, baths, brushing, and books all before bedtime. Sometimes that time of day is brutal.....I feel like I'm never going to get everything done and everyone down. I know every mom can relate to....

KEEP CALM Because IT'S ALMOST BEDTIME

Most evenings around here are like that......I start longing for the 8pm bedtime to come. That time can seem never-ending yet the days and the weeks seem to fly by.

Last week I had my sister come to take some pictures of the big kids-yes, Gracie qualifies as a big kid. I also needed to measure my niece for the flower girl dress I'm sewing for her to wear in my cousin Valerie's wedding. I hadn't taken pics of my big kids for a while. Usually they would get done with Christmas cards but this year they didn't. Gage was horrible. He complained the whole time we were there.....about how he was going to get stung by a bee....and how Gracie was going to get stung.....and how he is terrible at smiling.....and how he couldn't wait to leave....and on and on. So when Amy posted these......






I couldn't believe we had gotten something I could actually put up in the house.

Gracie was pretty cute.....






This last picture is one that I wish was a video.....to see her run in that tutu was hilarious. She loved running away from us-she would have run all the way to the next orchard had we let her!

Looking at the pictures of Gage you can see the tooth fairy has been pretty busy around here. He lost his second front tooth last week. I was SHOCKED because Grandpa Steve had been here visiting....Gage asked him to pull it but Grandpa it wasn't ready. Then Matt pulled it that evening. Hmm.....I certainly remember Grandpa Steve pulling some of mine that I thought weren't ready. His next tooth to go was on the bottom and Matt said he didn't think it was ready to pull out.....during dinner that night Gage accidentally swallowed it!! Tooth fairy got the night off on that one.....no payment for teeth she can't collect!!

Anyway, the pictures turned out great and I'm looking forward to getting a picture with all four kids soon. I've been trying to take more pictures around the house of our daily life. Here are a few.....

I'm telling you-they love this....

Gage has been catching snails for a long time......
2013
2009
 Jay
 Ashlyn

Two babies in our bed.....

Look at these tiny toes.......


Gracie loves the Uncle Harry's iced tea almost as much as I do......

People are always asking how we're adjusting to having twins.....or what the hardest part of having twins is.....and I can honestly say we're adjusting just fine. It doesn't feel like "adjusting" though......it just feels like our life. There is a hardest part-and it's not the witching hour........it's getting out of the house. It seems to take forever to get everyone fed, cleaned up, dressed, packed and into the car. I feel like by the time I do all that-it's time to feed the babies again! Yesterday I realized that breakfast alone takes a big part of the day. By the time I made the big kids breakfast, ate breakfast and cleaned up after breakfast-well over an hour had passed. This is why I dread the question, "What did you guys do today?" from Matt. Umm.......we ate breakfast and lunch and everyone bathed. TA-DA!!

More on that in another post.....

Love







No comments:

Post a Comment