Tuesday, August 6, 2013

July.....in a nutshell

I can't remember the last time I wrote a post so I'm going to just recap July as best I can. Sometimes I find it really difficult to document life when we're so busy living it.

The month was crazy and with any down time that came my way I tried to sleep. The twins have been undergoing an AWFUL sleep regression. Some nights I've been up one baby after another nearly every hour. As soon as I lay down after feeding one, the other wakes. Misery. Matt keeps telling me they're growing. They're awfully small for a two month long growth spurt.

For Gracie's birthday (July 2) we had some friends join us at the park for donuts to celebrate. It wasn't a a party but little play date for the big "2".

 I love this pic of the big kids hovering over her.....
 Carter came and wore himself out.....
 The big boys......Gage and Ty
 Rocco.....
 Ash lounging around......
 Jay.....
Harley LOVES Gracie......
 The day she turned TWO.....
 The big girls.....Bella and Harley.....

In other news Gracie decided to get back in her high chair. I don't know why....one day she just climbed back in........and I sighed with relief. I will survive.

Here she is with some coconut milk ice cream....
We took Gracie to the allergist and we'll find out in the next few weeks if she's outgrown her dairy allergy. In the mean time she's been busy putting words into sentences....."Mo ice keem peas"

I took the kids to the zoo. I took two pictures and only one showed we were at the zoo......
......so much for my attempts to preserve memories. We went with Danneal's family and Christina and Carter joined us too. Ty (11) and Paris (8) saved the day. Ty took Gage to the reptile house while we let the little ones feed the giraffes. Then Paris walked around watching Gracie and when Ashlyn started to get fussy Ty held her. I decided I need a Ty in my life.......and a Paris too.

We gave the twins their first food....oatmeal. It went okay. Jay loved it but he was so determined to get a hold of the spoon he ended up with oatmeal in his eye and it ended there. Ashlyn did really well. Here are some pics.......


We headed down to the farm for our nephew Heston's dedication and first birthday party.......

We stopped at Matt's work on our way down and the kids played for a few minutes....

At the farm I had time to sew Gracie a new dress and Gage had a blast with Katrina and John. They taught each other songs from VBS and performed a few shows for us. Pics from our trip......

Gracie in her new party dress......
 Gage hiding from pics as usual.....
 My big kids......
 Me and my big girl......
 She LOVED swinging.....
All of the grandchildren were there.....from back left-John, Debi, Dale, Katrina, Madeline, Heston, Ashlyn, Jay, David, Michael, Gracie, Gage, Lilly and Gabby (more arriving Fall 2013 and Spring 2014)
 Grandpa Dale with the twins....
 Our family......
 Me and my babies.....Jay's outfit is one of the few things I kept of Gage's (he wore it on his first Easter)
One of many performances......
Kalli and I caught this moment where they put their heads together......
 Their faces crack me up......
We had a great time celebrating Heston's dedication and 1st birthday......it wouldn't be a party at the farm without the checkered tablecloths.....
 The birthday boy mesmerized by Gage
Hopefully the month of August will allow more time for blogging. Here were some of my favorite Instagram pics from the month of July

Slide is faster without a diaper.....
 Jay always has his toes in his mouth.....
 Daddy's girl and Mama's boy......
 Shoveling ground beef.....in pearls
 He's ready to feed himself......
 Her faces.....
 Date day....sushi and Marble Slab after VBS
 They look so thoughtful.....
 He loves to hop in the shower with me....
 Precious girl.....
 He loves salmon......raw......all by itself
 Classic......
 This grin.....
 We love to lick the beaters.....
 Gage's birthday note for Gracie.....
 Best big brother......
 4th of July.....
 Gracie's birthday cake.....decorated by Gage
Made this knit headband and I can't decide if she looks like a 50's housewife with a scarf or a gangster......either way I like it
 He loves his babies.....

Till next time....

Love


No comments:

Post a Comment