Sunday, November 3, 2013

I've fallen so behind.....

I've committed to catching up on the blog this week......it's been more than a while......

Let me start with WHY it's been so long.

We moved. Into a rental. Four bedrooms. Aaaahhh. We bought a lot so we'll be building but we needed another bedroom in the meantime so we moved into a rental just 3 doors down from our house. We were able to stay in the neighborhood we love. But-due to the move we were two weeks with no cable/internet. Obviously we had our phones/iPads but I wasn't going blog without a traditional keyboard. We went without because we wanted to keep our U-Verse but there was an engineering problem in our area that postponed our service. I wish we didn't love their product because their customer service is terrible.

Then we got sick. Stomach flu....just the 24 bug but when 5 out of 6 suffered it turned into a 120 hour flu. It caused us to miss pumpkin-carving at my mom's which was the ONLY Halloween festivity I had planned.

So much to catch up on, I'll do the best I can.

The twins have been sleeping in their own room since the move and it's been great. They'd been in our room since birth. It was REALLY wearing on Matt and me the last couple of months. They weren't sleeping through the night and we were waking up with every little noise they made sometimes several times a night. Eight months of poor sleep was really starting to wear us down. On top of that I had to work everything in my bedroom (showers/getting dressed/putting away laundry/etc) around their naps. Brutal. For the most part, they're sleeping through now and Matt and I are getting much better rest.

Matt and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on October 16th. That's right. Just. Three. Years. Briefly-October was a busy month for us so we went to dinner on our actual anniversary which was a Wednesday. We follow the traditional gifts and year three is leather. More on that in another post that doesn't feel so full of catch-up.

I've been working in Gage's class once/week. I like it better than kindergarten because I don't always have to work a station. I can just correct papers while getting a sneak peek. First grade is so important and I'm pleased that Gage has a teacher that he and I both love. She's no-nonsense and really good for him. At home I consider Gage a high-maintenance kid. He just requires a lot of attention because is constantly asking questions and always wants to engage in conversation.....and I love peace and quiet.  Having been a teacher I knew this would translate into high-maintenance in the classroom. Many kids require frequent redirection-sometimes it's a bother, and sometimes they are favorites. So far Gage is doing very well this year and he is eager to learn. Mrs. Brown had nothing but nice things to say about him.

Gracie's vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds. She can be HILARIOUS. Her voice is really soft and sweet. One of our favorite things she says can be viewed in this video....

"I love you TOO much".......I can't get enough of it. I also love that she takes ownership of her siblings. Today we went to Gage's soccer game and as he ran over for water she said, "There he is! There's my Gage!"

The twins are growing like crazy. I can't believe they're almost 9 months old. This week I'm starting to transition to the bottle. I've made it this far so I was tempted to just go straight to the cup but I won't. Once I went to the cup with Gage and Gracie it was like pulling teeth to get them to drink enough milk. People are always surprised that I've nursed the twins for this long. I just never ran into any problems so I kept going. The only problem now is that I'm over it. It's too hard to hold them at the same time now. I used to grab Jay from his crib first, then get Ash. Now they're so eager to explore that they're jumping out of my arms.

Jay has four teeth in (2 bottom, 2 top) and two more top teeth are on their way. Today I noticed him move from one standing toy to another by holding on and taking a step. Yesterday he was pushing a toy while crawling when his hand slipped and he busted his lip. Minutes later he was trying to pull up using my bathroom drawer and he fell and bumped his head. He's eager to figure out the world, even if it hurts a little. He can be a little more needy than Ash.....he prefers to be held and given attention from me. We love his sweet and affectionate nature.

Ash still doesn't have any teeth and she's still our easiest baby. She has a very content nature. She's always willing to wait her turn and she'll just sit in the playpen and play quietly for as long as I need her to. She can pull herself to standing but when she gets tired she usually cries until I go over and help her sit back down. She's very friendly and it's easy to get a smile out of her.

Due to the move we didn't do much for Halloween early in the month. I just kept telling myself that we were going to my mom's for carving and that would be our big day. Since we had to miss we tried to make up for it by decorating cookies and carving a pumpkin here at home.


This year Gage was Iron Patriot.......
Gracie was Little Bo Peep......
and the twins her sheep......
Ashlyn......

 Jay...

I had tried to get Gage to be a zookeeper so the littles could all be zoo animals but he wasn't having it. I ordered costumes really early for all the kids. The only Bo Peep I liked arrived WAY too big for Gracie (even in the smallest size) so I decided to make her costume. This was my first zipper and I think it turned our pretty cute. I DID NOT make the sheep-those I ordered. Her costume was enough to take on, especially along with a move and our week of stomach flu.
Gracie was into the trick-or-treating; she liked it. Gage was really good with helping her walk to each door and keeping an eye on her. She had a brief breakdown when at one door the dog ran out. Gracie is petrified of dogs. You can see sheer terror in her face. It's innate, nothing bad has ever happened. It's embarrassing so I'm hoping she grows out of it-we're not getting a dog any time soon.

Yesterday we went to Gage's soccer game.....
 Gracie got a "pupcake" and just ate the frosting.....

Last night I took the big kids to the Fresno State tailgate for just a little while.
Then we came home to watch the game and Gage fell asleep by the end of the first quarter....
Matt's not home so I carried Gage to bed for the first time in while. He is so big I wasn't even sure I would be able to-but I did.

More pics from the last month......
 The reason you don't see many pics of Gage......
 Ash and her ears crack me up.....
 The result of making a bomber hat without a pattern-giant ear flaps
 Ashlyn....
 Tot time at the zoo, feeding elephants with my Gracie girl....
 Two standing-with-help babies.....
This is when I learned that taking four kids to Save Mart is easier than three. Gage kept an eye on Gracie and her cart for me......
 Sisters.....
 All the time.......
 Love this one.....
I love this picture because this is my everyday view......Gage doing homework, Gracie with her boots and grapes, and the twins naked and underfoot. Sums up our life.
 She still loves a sink bath.....
 All in the playpen......
 Ready for bed.....
 Big sister pushing the babies at the park....
 Love his face....
 and hers.....
 Working hard on our ponytail.....it's still a pigtail
 Spooky.....
 Ash's sweet little profile.....
 And her mean look.....
 Jay being big....
 All of them.....

 Until next time....which I hope is sooner than later....

Love.







No comments:

Post a Comment