Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Our Valentine's Day babies turn ONE!

At the last minute we decided to do just little something for the twin's first birthday. So we had a very small, very last minute, very casual little party. We just had some of our in-town family over-The Dougall's, The Adolph's, The Jeff's and my brother and Lori were here. The Hallaian's had family in town and my sister and Phil had already made plans. We picked up Westwoods for dinner and I made the cakes from scratch. I wasn't going to bother with decorations but when I stopped in at the Dollar Tree for Valentine's I picked up tablecloths and Matt bought me flowers. Voila. 
 Ashlyn's cake
 Jay's cake
 It was SO hard to get a picture of them both......
Ashlyn made it clear that she was NOT going to wear her bow
 Jay was just busy being precious
Favorite Instagram pics from the first year....
 My attempt to get all the kids together....
The cake smash was telling. 

Jay just smashed his cake into oblivion. He would just pound the cake with both hands and laugh. Then he'd follow that with shoving a big piece into his mouth. Then he'd pound on the cake again and just crack up at himself. 




Ashlyn, on the other hand, had a few bites and kept looking over at Jay with a "What are you doing?" look on her face. It was perfect. 




I'm glad we did at least a little something to celebrate. Sometimes I play things down then I regret it later. For instance, being pregnant with the twins. I avoided the camera pretty much the entire pregnancy. Now I'm sad that I didn't take at least one good picture of myself looking like a school bus.

Our whole Valentine's Day was last minute. Gage's classmates got some random Valentine's with temporary tattoos. I HATE temporary tattoos. In fact, I have NEVER let my children apply one. But that's all that was left at Target at 4:30 the day before. I also saw many pics posted of what moms got their kids for Valentine's Day. Mine got nothing. Some of Gracie's friends sent her sweet little Valentine's in the mail. We're lucky I even got some for Gage to pass out at school, Gracie certainly didn't get anything to share! And Matt? Didn't get him anything. Not one thing. Just a card that I gave him a day late.

That's just our life-we can't have everything. But we have each other, and that's all that matters.

Love



No comments:

Post a Comment