Friday, November 21, 2014

Circle K & Costco All Before Lunch

This morning Lauren invited us out to Circle K Ranch to snap some pics and visit the store. The kids had a great time throwing leaves and picking out chocolate covered everything from the store. Plus they love Harrison and they REALLY love Auntie Lo-Lo.

After running around in the orchards and the store we got in the car to head home. Gracie asked where we were headed. When I said  we were headed home she reminded me we had to go to Costco. Oh man, we did need to go to Costco. Ugh. It was crazy packed. The kids were really good for a while but the last of it was brutal. Jay broke the strap on the cart then kept trying to climb out. My cart was overflowing because I needed everything. I had given them trail mix in their snack cups and Jay looked like he had melted every color of M&M across his face. Upon checking out we noticed the sourdough bread package was cut open so the checker sent someone to get another.

At this point Jay is trying to climb out of the cart (successfully as he broke the buckle), Ashlyn is dumping what's left of her snack cup all over the floor, and I've only got one free hand as I'm trying to pay with the other. I'm having Gracie just hold my leg so I know she's there with me. I decide to just hold Jay so he doesn't fall out of the cart. He is flailing trying to get down and kicks Gracie in the head and she starts whining. Now I'm sweating. So I pay, give the receipt to Gracie because she loves to get the happy face and I step around the other side to my cart. I'm holding Jay while he's literally kicking and screaming and I'm trying to get my purse off my shoulder and into the cart so I can get a better hold on him. The lady that loaded my cart says, "You need to step out of the way and wait against the wall while he gets your bread." I almost lost it. My face read, "I hate you" and my brain said, "Are you &*%# ing stupid? Can you not see I'm struggling here?" The elderly couple behind me offered to help me. Good thing they stepped in with their kindness to save me from getting ugly. I really didn't need help-but I did need a second.

So the lesson here is don't be stupid like the cart loader at Costco. Right mom? And save your next Costco trip till after Thanksgiving.

Anyway, here are some of the great pics I got from Circle K Ranch this morning.
 I bought this dress on Zulily. Hand wash only. Who manufactures hand wash only for a 3-year-old? And who keeps it? Me.
 Who doesn't love a little guy in a pearl snap shirt?
 Sweet sisters
 He thought this was so funny
 Gracie's little grin is the best
 He would have wandered the whole ranch had I let him....
 This is so Ash to me
 Wait for it......wait for it.......
 Yay!!!

If I don't get back before the holiday-Happy Thanksgiving! We all have so much to be grateful for.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment