Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gage's first day, twins 2nd ultrasound

We got up Monday morning and I told Gage to get dressed to go to the gym. He said, "I thought today was the first day of school?" He was right, but with afternoon kindergarten most of our days will start with something else. Here he was......


We went into his classroom, put his backpack in his cubby, sorted his supplies, and waited for instructions. His teacher said she had a heart-shaped stamp for the kids to put on their hand. Then we should kiss the stamp on their hand and anytime they needed to they could put their hand to their face and get a kiss from us.  Gage turned around to his dad and me rolled his eyes and said, "I am NOT doing that!!" Whew...I was hoping he wouldn't be into that.

Yesterday morning we had our first ultrasound at the perinatologist. It's so weird to say that my pregnancy is "high risk". My original due date was February 21st, then it was pushed back to Feb 25th, and at this appointment they measured the babies due Feb 20th. They won't likely make it to any of those days but I think I'll go off of the earlier due date because Gage and Gracie were both born closer to their earlier due dates. We asked the technician to write down the gender of the babies in an envelope and seal it so we could open it together later-this is our compromise. Matt would have wanted to wait until they were born to find out......but with twins I need to prepare as much as possible so I wanted to find out early. Having it sealed to open at a later time at least gives it a little greater element of surprise. The problem is they were pretty positive on the gender of Baby B but on Baby A they were apprehensive. Baby B was really busy moving around so I was surprised that they were able to get a more certain answer with that baby. Here are some pics.....




.
It's still so weird to think we're having twins.....that there are two babies in there at once. Crazy. We're going to go ahead and open the envelope anyway, knowing that we should take the gender of Baby A with a grain of salt. The next ultrasound is 5 weeks away and then we can know for sure. 

The weekend should be quite eventful with Gage's birthday bowling and the opening of the envelope! Can't wait to fill you in next week!!

Love. 



1 comment: