Monday, August 27, 2012

Gender Reveal......

Saturday night we decided to throw a last minute gender reveal party just inviting a few of our closest friends. Before we decided to do anything I had been doing some research online about different ways to reveal gender. One was to take the information to a bakery and have them fill cupcakes with frosting of the appropriate color so when you bite into the cupcake you'll see what you're having. Another was to have someone fill a box with either pink, blue, or both color balloons, then you open the box together and see what color comes up. There were several pictures of couples online opening boxes of balloons and I thought it made for a really cute picture.

I ran the ideas by Matt and he said, "Are you kidding me? You want me to stand there with you and open a box of balloons so you can get a picture......of me......with balloons flying up in my face? I don't balloons, Dusty. Look at those guys, that's so gay. I don't eat cupcakes either. Cupcakes are for girls. If you want me to open something other than the envelope you can go fill a box with those "It's a Girl" or "It's a Boy" cigars." While he's saying all this I'm looking at pictures of reveals online and I had to laugh. He was right. The men in the balloon pictures did look pretty soft......and I've never seen Matt eat a cupcake.....too feminine for him. And though it would have possibly made for an adorable picture-I'm really glad my husband doesn't want to be "adorable". So we decided on just opening the envelope.

Here are the votes for what friends thought we were having......

 We decided to let Jeff read the results to us.......and here they are.....in the order he read them to us

Baby A is a little hard to see so if you can't see that it says "BOY".

At the ultrasound they told us "Don't go buy anything just yet" so we'll wait and find out for sure on September 26th.

Here's how we're growing....

In other news Gage turned six on Friday and I'll have another post about that soon!!

Love.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! All of it. You, the reveal...The perfect babies...freaks me out how little and perfect they can be already... what an adventure. It's got me waxing all philosopical... Totally laughing at that heart on the hand/kiss... I read that and thought- awwww! Adorable- what a sweet teacher - and then laughed at your comments. You and your son were matched up perfectly by God. Hugs

    ReplyDelete