Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The latest.....

Last weekend we headed down to the farm to see our new nephew, Heston Weaver Creighton.


I can't believe how big he is! 10lbs, 5oz makes for quite a large first baby, already too big for the newborn diapers! He was very sweet on our visit hardly making a peep while we were there. He also made his first trip to church!

On this trip down to the farm it was really hot. Gage found a little tree frog to bring home.




He made it home alive but only lasted one more day. RIP Frederick.

Gracie had a terrible trip down to the farm, getting carsick and throwing up on the way there in the canyon. Then she got sick all night the second night throwing up in both her bed and ours. The good news is she's recovered and is really getting good at this whole walking thing.




She's up to about 10-15 steps at a time. It's adorable because she gets SO excited and looks around for everyone to cheer for her! 

Yesterday we met Gage's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Ennis. He seemed very comfortable in the classroom and we're all looking forward to school starting next week. Today we went shopping for school supplies and he was upset that I was going to be giving all of that to his teacher instead of him! It was a list that really made me laugh. Kleenex, 4 packs of dry erase markers, 4 containers white glue, Clorox wipes, 3 boxes of crayons and so on. I laughed because without hesitation I went and got everything on the list. In my own classroom the only thing on my supply list was a 25 cent composition book and it was a blessing for a student to actually bring one in!!

It's been SO unbearably hot we've hardly spent any time outside. Last night we took some time to get out and play catch.





Since it's been over 105 degrees all week our outdoor play was short lived, but better than nothing.

Tomorrow I fly out to Dallas to see two of my best friends, Gabby and Kelsi. Expecting twins I realized it was now or never so I'd better get out there and pay them a visit! Gracie's joining me and the weather should be no better than here but I'm looking forward to what might be the last big getaway for a while!

Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment