Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blessings.......

With twins on the way we know that moving into a bigger house is somewhere in the near future. We've started looking just a little to see what's on the market and how likely we are to find something that will fill our needs......and some of our wants at the same time. If something perfect came up we might make a move but we're not in any hurry. First we looked at a house that was in the right area but the yard was really small. It was in a cul-de-sac which was slightly redeeming but the floor plan didn't work and it needed some TLC. Then we looked at a beautiful house with a little better yard and floor plan but it wasn't in the right school district. Lastly we looked at a house on 2 acres with a beautiful yard and a house with an awful floor plan that smelled like.....pets. 

When we got home we discussed the good and the bad for each property and we were certain none of those were right for our family. It got me thinking about where we lived growing up, where we live now, and where we really want to live.......

Every reader knows that Matt and I grew up in places where as small children there was plenty to do outside......we even have scars to prove it. Like the one on my ribs......I was riding my bike on the blacktop at my grandparents house and when I hit the sand at the end it didn't go well for me. I was riding in their very long driveway (you might call it a family parking lot)-there was no traffic to be concerned about. The lack of outdoor space for Gage to play has been one of our biggest challenges here.....I can't just send Gage outside to ride his bike or scooter-we don't even have sidewalks in our neighborhood. There's too much traffic coming around corners and out of tiny driveways. 

It got me considering two things: 

1. I am so grateful for our back neighbors. Without siblings that he can play with, there is only so much Gage can do inside without being glued to the television (he gets two 1/2 hour shows a day-one before school and one after-that's our limit). I can take the kids to the park or the country club but we have to work around school, Gracie's naps, time to prepare meals/clean house and with twins on the way that will only be more limiting. I thank God for the back neighbors. They have three kids and two are within a year of Gage's age. They don't have cable and they have a trampoline in the backyard! They are always happy to have Gage over, send one of theirs over here, pick up from school, or just visit, and it's such a blessing. 

2. I finally get it. I used to hear parents talking about ALL the activities their kids are involved in-fall soccer, fall ball, winter soccer, basketball, gymnastics, karate, t-ball, and how their busy every night of the week. I would think......why? Your kid is six-why do they need all those activities? Now I kinda get it........I can't send Gage outside to play so if I want him to be active-he's got to be in some type of organized activity. Now I know that as long as we stay in Fresno-this is a part of life I'll have to just join in on. 

In other news, here's what we've been up to.......

A field trip to the pumpkin patch......


 This little blondie is our back neighbor, Ella
 A family trip to pick up pumpkins......


 Nerd day at school..........
And one of the most precious things I've ever seen......

Until next time.....

Love




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment