Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thanksgiving, Day 1

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. It's such a beautiful time of grace-an opportunity to consider the wealth of blessings we're given that we do not deserve. Last year on Facebook I posted one thing I was thankful for every day from November 1st throughThanksgiving. This year I'll extend the thanks by blogging each day about something I give thanks for.

Today I am so grateful for the health and spirit of my children. 

Gage is always loving Gracie......helping her, showing her, playing with her, making her laugh, and looking out for her. He has such a warm spirit. This morning he handed me a bag full of Almond Joy candy bars. I feel like you either love coconut or hate it-I love coconut and Almond Joy candy bars. He said, "Mom, I pulled all of these out from my trick-or-treating bucket for you-I know you love them." I know that he doesn't like them, wouldn't eat them, and they would have stayed in the bottom of his trick-or-treat basket forever. Nonetheless, instead of just avoiding eating them, he thought to package them up and give them to me. Then he remembered that he should grab a few out for Grandma Stacey cause he'll be seeing her this weekend and she loves them too (Mom, if you're reading-act surprised). 

And look at sweet Gracie......
She was the cutest little pig I've ever seen. I couldn't coax a smile but she happily kept that costume on all evening. Gracie doesn't say much but she just laughs when she figures something out and it's so sweet. She has learned to give kisses and Gage, Matt and I all just love it! She is so much like her mom and dad-her two favorite things are books and being outside. 

Most of all I'm SO grateful for their health. 

Love



No comments:

Post a Comment