Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving, Day 16

Today I'm thankful for Gage....

Gage can sometimes be very frustrating for me.......lately he's going through a phase again that he goes through periodically. It's a phase where he places his thoughts and ideas pretty high on the priority list and forgets to just follow directions........

"Gage, take those shorts off before you put your pants on."-Me
"Oh mom-these pants fit over these shorts so I think it's okay."-Gage

or

"Roll the window up"-Me
"Gracie stopped crying when I rolled it down so I think she might start crying again if I roll it up"-Gage

When it's bad it literally feels like every time I give him a direction-he's got something to say back about it. The good news is it's usually a phase and after a few times getting his mouth washed out he regains perspective and we can move on.

Though he's in the midst of this phase there are so many things about him to be grateful for.......

Earlier this week he used his own money to buy marbles at the grocery store and without even being prompted he asked the clerk, "Are you still taking donations for Children's Hospital? I want to give one of my dollars."

Yesterday he started a prescription, though he told me that it tasted terrible, he'll take the rest of it without another complaint. It's never been challenging to give him medicine or have him try a new food. Ever.

When it's time to go to bed, he's always just gone. He might come out once for a drink but it's pretty rare and I'm glad to say that bedtime has NEVER been a battle in our house.

Like his mother, he loves books. He always asks me to read to him and I'm grateful that we share this love.

He's never been really shy or fearful. Even as an infant I could pass him to anyone and he wouldn't think twice about it. Now that he's older it's things like going to a new dentist-no fears, going to a new friend's house-no fears.

He is affectionate, would give anyone a hug without hesitation. Sometimes I see he's growing out of this one a little bit. It's fine because I know that he's watching the guys and taking note of how the men behave. It used to be that when we left a party he would give everyone a hug......now it's hugs for the ladies and handshakes or high fives for the gents. When it comes to family, it's still a hug for everyone.

He loves Gracie and the twins....I've shared plenty of stories about Gracie but he also talks to the twins and gives them a hug and kiss every night.

He still loves to cuddle with me. We got up early this morning to meet Matt's co-worker who gave him a ride to work. We stopped, of course, at Uncle Harry's for an iced tea and some bagels. When we got home Gage got a blanket and curled up next to me on the couch. He put his hand on my belly to see if he could feel the babies move. I know this is one that will only last so long so I certainly can't forget to be thankful.

Today he has a performance at school and I know he's going to say the poems and sing the songs loud and proud. I love him beyond measure......

Love





No comments:

Post a Comment