Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 15......

Today hasn't been a good day....... 

First thing this morning Gracie threw up in the car. All over her clothes and car seat. Then we had a nanny/housekeeper starting today and she informed me that she decided not to take the position.......an hour before the time she was expected to come clean the house. Then while Gracie napped I spent my time getting yelled at on the phone and trying to put an end to issue that I fear will never get resolved. Then it was time to take Gage to school so I went in at the last minute to wake Gracie and found her with oatmeal puke........in her crib, on her quilt, on the bumper, on her blankies, down the back of the crib, in her hair, and stuck to her cheek. It was awesome. Gage was only 5 minutes late. Then-we leave for Jackson's rehearsal dinner and wedding tomorrow. Gracie's supposed to be in a room with two babysitters and four other children.......now we'll face what to do with her if she's still puking. Should be an amazing four hours in the car and 2 nights in a hotel room. 

BUT.....there is always something to be thankful for. Today I'm thankful for the blog.......it gives me a chance to unwind from the day and have a moment to myself. It reminds me to be grateful, look at the bright side, keep my priorities in line, and be myself. Hopefully down the road, when I've forgotten everything from this time in my life, it will give me a chance to share with the kids what our life was like. 

Today might be the pits, but life most certainly isn't.......

Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment