Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thanksgiving-Days 2, 3, and 4

It's been a busy last few days so I'm catching up on my thanks.......

Day 2-Thankful for the change in weather. I don't really like cold; I'd take warm weather over cold any day. BUT-cooking two babies makes me feel like an oven even on cooler days so I was ready for a little change. It's great to let Gracie stay in her pajamas all day and have an excuse to stay in and cuddle. 

Day 3-I'm so grateful that my family is close enough for a day trip. I took the kids to my nephew Nick's football game Friday night and the kids stayed the night at my mom's. We're so fortunate to have them close enough to do that. 

Day 4-This morning I wake up grateful for the time I get to spend at home with my children. Yesterday I caught up with a friend that is struggling with returning to work after having a baby. I'm definitely not the attachment parent-I have no problem leaving my kids with someone else. BUT-I do remember how hard it was to return to teaching the first year after staying home with Gage. Being a stay-at-home mom and being a working mom both have their challenges-I know, I've done both. For me, I'd rather be home. 

It's not that I prefer to be home because I'm the attachment parent that never wants to leave my kids.....but it IS because I love being with them. We keep busy around here but staying at home also leaves time to take things slow. When I was teaching I had to drop Gage off at daycare by 6:30am to get to work on time. This meant waking him up, getting him dressed, and dropping him off with a packed breakfast all within a 15 minutes. Now that we're home we have time to make breakfast together and time to come up with our new ideas for breakfast like peanut butter, banana, and Nutella sandwiches on wheat-lightly toasted. When Gage and I sit down to read or work on sight words-we're not rushed. I can let Gracie feed herself....with reckless abandon-because I have time to clean it all up when she's done.

Never does a day go by that I forget how fortunate I am to stay home with my precious babies......

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment