Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving, Day 14

Today I'm so thankful for the minds of children.......

Yesterday I took Gage to the dentist and he has a ton of work that needs to be done. It could be that he just genetically inherited bad teeth (perhaps), could be his brushing habits (I think for the most part he does a good job), could be a high-sugar diet (nope), could be a lack of calcium in his diet (there's the culprit-he hates milk) or a combination.

Anyway, he has to have 2 crowns and the insurance will only pay for a stainless steel (that's right-silver). If we want tooth-colored the whole thing is considered cosmetic and it's going to cost a pretty penny on top of everything else he needs done. Our back neighbor's little boy, Alec, has a silver tooth. His mom explained to me how she was so upset when his dad took him to the dentist and he came back with that. We always laugh about it.

Gage hears me discussing the options and costs with the receptionist at the dentist office. We get in the car and he explains to me that he knows what he wants........a silver tooth-just like Alec's.

The irony......here I am thinking about how terrible the silver is......and as I mull over the decision he's practically begging me for the silver tooth......

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment