Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving, Days 17, 18, 19

Day 17-So grateful for another sister in law (this makes four on the Creighton side alone and six in all). Matt's brother Jackson got married on Saturday and I inherited a fabulous new sister in law, Kalli. I met Kalli at Tom and Kristi's wedding on one of my first trips home to the farm. Gage ADORES her and when she's not at the farm his visit just isn't the same. He was thrilled when he realized that Kalli will now be at the farm every time we go! I know she will be a most wonderful aunt to our children, wife for Jackson, and sister for me!

Day 18-Thankful for a husband that encourages me to get my rest. Saturday night after the wedding I got sick :( Maybe I got whatever little bug Gracie had because thankfully, it didn't last long. I didn't sleep well and when we got home Matt encouraged me to just sleep until I felt better. There were a million things I should have been doing instead-like unpacking, tending to the kids, and cleaning house. However, Matt kept encouraging me to lay down and rest as he took care of things. Today I woke up feeling refreshed and I'm so glad he encouraged me to just take it easy.

Day 19-Thankful for old friends......today I met my friend Tami and her son, Gabriel, at the park. Tami and I taught next to each other at Hoover High School, which I know realize was eight years ago. There was a door joining our classrooms and was I ever grateful for such a fabulous neighbor for those two years. I haven't seen Tami in over a year but when we get together it's always wonderful and conversation picks up right where it left off. Tami has the most warm and gentle spirit. Our lives don't have all that much in common anymore but I would never want to lose touch with her because she is such an amazing and inspiring person. I'm grateful that we still have a friendship as years pass.......

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment