Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thanksgiving, Day 6 and 7

I am thankful that the twins have reached the point of viability.......

When you're having twins you're monitored much more closely than a single pregnancy. In the beginning, I found it a little annoying. I thought of my great-grandmother and her twin sister......I mean, if my great-great grandmother could deliver two healthy girls over 100 years ago-it's no problem-I've got this.

Then.....I started going online to look up information about having twins. When your pregnant with a single baby there are all kinds of sites that tell you how big your baby is, how much weight you should have gained, how ready you are for maternity clothes and so on. There are no great sites on the "norms" for twins, so I just started searching on boards. Then I really got to see the risks with having twins.....so many stories of one twin lost by vanishing twin syndrome in the early months....then the stories of miscarrying one twin and attempting to save the other.....then the stories of deliveries in the early months. It was scary.

I had that little scare in the beginning where I went in to be monitored and luckily it was just that-a scare. Since then I really have tried to take it easy-at least for me. I still have trouble just sitting down and relaxing but I'm not hitting the gym or anything.

Now we have passed the 23 week mark (I'm almost 25 weeks) and the twins have reached viability. They COULD survive outside the womb. Don't get me wrong-I'm still trying to keep them in there till the 37 week mark but it does bring some comfort to have reached this point and I'm grateful for that.

And for Day 7-today I am grateful that my mother taught me that if I don't have anything nice to say, I should say anything at all. As I got up this morning and read all the negative posts on Facebook regarding the election, that lesson came to mind, "If you don't have anything nice to say-don't say anything at all" and so I won't........I will move on to the positive things in my life and continue to share what I have to be grateful for every day. Thanks Mom for teaching me not to be negative-nobody likes that......

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment