Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 Begins.....

When I look back at 2013 it was pretty darn good. Having twins with Gracie just 19 months older and Gage being school-aged has had challenges for sure. There were definitely times I wanted to hide in the bathroom and cry......but then......there they are....
and nothing beats those precious faces.

People often ask about the challenges and I would say the hardest part for me this last year has just been logistics. Once I went to Joanns with the three littlest and as I went to unload the kids I realized how unprepared I really was. I could put two in the cart (twins weren't old enough sit up so one baby in their car seat inside the big part of the cart and Gracie in the part near handle) but I forgot the Bjorn so where would the other go? Another cart? Push one pull one? But then where would I put my bolts of fabric? Laying over the baby? That might get some looks. I ended up just going home. That's the hard part....and one day, before I know it, that phase will be over and going places won't be so challenging.....at least logistically speaking.

Looking back I can define each year with a single description-
2009 was the year Matt and I starting dating....
2010 was the year we got engaged and married
2011 was the year we had Gracie
2012 was the year we prepared for twins
2013 was the year the twins were born and we adjusted to life with four kids.......

Now 2014...........will be the year we spend building a home. We bought a lot near where we live now and we've just started the process of drawing up plans. I'm taking any and all suggestions so send your thoughts my way. It's exciting and overwhelming at the same time. We searched existing homes in our area and we didn't find anything that suited our family. At the same time, this whole starting from scratch doesn't seem any easier. It's hard to have what seems like endless possibilities. However, we're excited for the learning experience. We've only had our first meeting and I feel like I've already learned a lot.

New Year's Day I took the kids to the park, here are the first images of 2014......
 Gracie doing her turns....




 Ashlyn is the worst-everything goes in her mouth.....
 everything....

 They still fit.....
So many teeth and Ash not a one....
I love this picture of Gage because he was jumping down out of concern for what Ashlyn was putting in her mouth....
 I can't believe I had this little blond baby......
 Just love this one......
My New Year's revolution (that's what Gage was calling it) is to take a few more pics of our everyday and post more often on the blog......

I'm starting out okay......

Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment