Monday, January 6, 2014

Four Christmases.......

This year the Christmas season just raced by.......Gage started this gingerbread house at my mom's and we brought it home to finish. I love his look of concentration......
 and I love Gracie's little tippy-toes trying to be part of the action.
We had a chance to drive Candy Cane Lane (Cindy Lane) this year but not Christmas Tree Lane. It was closer to home and easier. Next year I hope we can walk one or the other. Gracie kept shouting, "There's Santa! Right there! There he is!".......it was so sweet to see her excitement for Santa......as long as he was at a distance.

Our first Christmas was at my mom's house the weekend before Christmas.......
Ashlyn watching the big kids play outside
 Jay crumb-snatching
 Autumn and Gage scoping out gifts
Gage opening gifts (favorites were a bow & arrow and Duck Dynasty bag that he plans to use for his hunting gear)
 Ashlyn with Grandma Stacey
 P.J.
We just spent the day watching the Bulldogs game and letting the kids play outside. There were no pics of Gracie because she was sleeping during the gift opening session. Her gifts included a tea set from Grandma Stacey and Grandpa Steve and her first Barbie from Auntie Amy and family. The twins got a new wagon which we really need for our trips to the park.

Our second Christmas was also in Dos Palos at Jeff & Janet's......
Ashlyn walking with Autumn....
 Ashlyn with Grandma Syble
 Yep......this is my family
 Always good toys at JJVJs.....
 Everybody loves Baby Jay....
The kids had a great time as always....

Our third Christmas was our Christmas morning at home.....
Santa brought slippers......
and a tricycle....
and Skylanders Giants. Gage was beyond excited about this gift from Santa and I could not get him to make a normal face.
I love how she's flinging the paper....
We got Gage a Samsung Galaxy tablet...he's been enjoying it so far
Gracie got a few princess dresses and this was the best picture I got, her faces were worse than Gage with the Skylanders....
Santa brought new dishes for the twins.....
Ashlyn says, "I want that one"......
Success.....
This is actually where the babies were as the big kids opened gifts.....
Waffles and sausage......
Christmas morning we enjoyed waffles with strawberries and homemade whipped cream with sausage and scrambled eggs. Gage left for his dad's around 10 and we had a pretty relaxing day. Josh and Lori came over for dinner that night. We made prime rib, potatoes au gratin, and asparagus.

Gage's favorite gift was the Skylanders game, Gracie's was the goldfish crackers in her stocking, and the twins their new pacifiers. As for Matt and me, Santa must have mixed up our wish lists......Matt got clothes and I got a gun. Hmm.

Our fourth Christmas was at the farm and shamefully I did not take one single picture. There was so much going on and so much for the twins to get into I never had time to get my camera out and my phone was dead. I left it dead because my service at the farm isn't great anyway. Gage had a great time playing with his cousins and shooting the bow with Uncle Nick. I took my gun for a little target practice and I didn't do too bad.......

As much as I love the Christmas season I was a little relieved to wrap it up this year. I was just ready for not-so-rich food and being at home. All things considered our holiday travel was pretty good. Thankfully, the babies travel much better than Gracie did at their age. They are great in the car and sleep fairly well away from home.

Now we're already a week into the new year. I'll have a post to wrap up 2013 and talk about what 2014 may have in store for our family......

Enjoy a few more pics......

 Gracie and Valerie......
 Ash and Justin....
 Jay.....just chewing on a shotgun shell......
 Ash's Christmas backside....
 Perfect little present....
 I can take you for a ride on my big green tractor......
 Ashlyn and Jay, 10 months
 She's still little enough for a sink bath......
Making a card for Mrs. Brown.....
Gracie wanted to help....
 This is Jay.....into trouble.....all the time. I know I shouldn't have taken the pic but I had to and I saved him in time.
 Christmas joy.....
 This was her face.....she was out of control
 Gracie putting a bow on Ash........she clearly loves wearing bows......
 She's just lovely to me...
 Jayman.....

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment