Monday, July 23, 2012

10 things you don't know about me......

1. If it were up to me......we wouldn't have cable television. Seriously. In the nearly 2 years before Matt and I got married I didn't have cable. Just me, Gage, and some Disney DVDs. It was good.

2. I'm not a very good housekeeper.....my house isn't dirty but I can leave to run errands with dirty dishes in my sink or my bed unmade-many of my friends cannot. There are a thousand things I would rather do than clean house.....and life is short-so often I do those thousand things instead.

3. Every once in while I long to be a working mom. I've done the single working mom thing once before and I KNOW it's much more stressful and challenging than staying home. I missed Gage every day when I worked so I know that I don't REALLY want to work right now. Still I sometimes long to have a reason to get up and go in the morning....to have a shower be the first thing I do in a day.....to dress like a human being and to.....dare I say it....have time away from my kids.  

4. I don't always correct my kids. Gage was an early talker. He started saying some things inaccurately and instead of correcting him like a good mother would-I let it go. I thought he would eventually start hearing them right and make the change. He hasn't yet......wok-a-mole (guacamole), Snoofy (Snoopy), neighvors/neighvorhood (neighbors/neighborhood), Grandma Devi (Grandma Debi), do not disturve (do not disturb)......it would seem like he couldn't say "b" sounds with the last few but that's not the case he just hears a few words that way.

5. If you dropped by any given afternoon you would FOR SURE find Gracie in just a diaper. Some moms just love to dress up their little girls. Not me-I do it because I'm supposed to....not because I love it.

6. I'm forgetful.....but I guess we already knew that.

7. My bedtime is 10pm-no later.......sometimes I wish I could stay up late (only to read though, because remember-I don't like TV) but the fact is I'm up to make Matt's breakfast at 5:45am-so 10pm bedtime it is. 

8. I'm lazy. Don't get me wrong-I work out regularly and consider myself more active than the average mom.  I'm not lazy in the 'I sit on the couch watching TV and eating ice cream' kind of way. BUT-I'm too lazy for things like make-up and hair straighteners and wearing clothes that can't also be worn to the gym. 

9. Though I don't believe in astrology I can really identify with being a Gemini. I don't necessarily HAVE two sides....but I always UNDERSTAND both sides. 

10. Last, but certainly not least, we've decided to grow our family once again......

Gage is excited.......

Gracie's not sure what to think......

Though these two are amazing.........

I'm excited to be pregnant...........


That's right.....it's true. Twins. I started writing this post last week with #10 saying I was pregnant and I planned to wait until our first ultrasound to actually publicize it. Well, the first ultrasound let us know that we're having TWO babies-so I edited the draft and have now posted it for your enjoyment!! I'll have another post on how Matt and I reacted and how we're coping preparing!

Love.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Dusty, Matt, Gage, and Gracie! Like I told you on the phone you will be amazing with twins. You are the BEST mother and so very relaxed you will be able to handle twins! Looking forward to February and 2 healthy babies to love on! I will be excited for our walks next spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs TV when real life is this interesting!!!! Congratulations!!! Greatest post ever!

    ReplyDelete