Monday, July 9, 2012

Gracie's Birthday Party

Gracie's actual birthday fell on a Monday.....tough day to celebrate-so we really didn't. We just read this vintage Little Golden Book, Baby's Birthday.......
Then Saturday we had a party! We celebrated Gracie's 1st Birthday with a barbecue and swim party at Copper River Country Club. The party wasn't really for Gracie, we know she had no idea what was going on. It was a wonderful time for me, Matt and Gage to celebrate with friends and family. It was a challenge to beat the heat but it turned out wonderfully! I took as many pictures as I could and I tried to get one of each child there but I missed a couple. 

The invitations.....

Sweets and Snacks Table....
 After making cake pops for my wedding I swore I would never do it again......with some helpful tips it wasn't so bad......
 Ombre cupcakes......
Treat boxes.....
 These centerpieces took a long time.....thanks to Mandy for helping me get them done!


 Birthday Girl.....
Nick helping with the barbecue.....
 Alec making a funny face....
 Greyson and Parker.......
 Gianna......with her usual face....
 Talia......
 Lillian.....
 Paris.....
 Ella.....
Colton..... 
 P.J.
 The closest Carter would give me to a smile......
 Gabby munching on some popcorn.....
 Gavin B.....
 Gage passing out the melting cake pops....
 Baby Ivy....
 I'm not sure about this bow......
 And it's off with the bow!
 Bella....
 Tytus....
 The big kids.....
 Lunch....
 Cake pops "After"
 Lukie B
 Wyatt taking a mid party snooze.....
 The fam....
 Birthday frosting mustache....
 This is where she starts a fight with her birthday hat.....
 I think the hat won.....

The kids had a great time swimming and noshing on popcorn, cotton candy, and cupcakes. Matt made burgers, hot dogs and brats. We had chips, watermelon and a fabulous potato salad (thanks to Grandma Debi). There were juice boxes, waters, lemonade, and a few beers for the big kids.

There's always honesty in my posts so the down side was that I made nearly everything myself......the cupcakes, cake pops, banner, decorations......that took a LOT of time and work and I'm not sure I'll ever do that again. Also-I'm STILL cleaning up and putting things away.

Gracie was given so many wonderful gifts and it was great to spend time with our family and friends.....thanks to all who joined us for Gracie's 1st Birthday!!

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment