Monday, July 30, 2012

I am an old lady who lives in a shoe.......

So many kids I don't know what to do.......


When people find out we're having TWINS everyone says, "You're going to have to get a bigger house!".......and considering we live in a 3-bedroom it's certainly true.....at least in the long run. But do we need a new house right now? My friend Danneal (also expecting twins) pointed out that our life is going to be crazy and overwhelming no matter where we live.....is more space really going to solve the problem?? Then my back neighbor (who I just adore) said, "Would you rather spend your money on a bigger house and more space......or on a person to come in and help you with the kids and the cleaning where you are?" Point well made Mandy. I could the help for sure. 

Yes-we are going to need more space, but right now we LOVE where we live and we don't want to give that up for just anything. Behind us are the most amazing neighbors-3 lovely little ones that Gage can't get enough of, three houses down live our best friends, Christian and Lauren, who help us with the kids however they can, and we're within walking distance to the park, the pool, Gage's school, and the trail to Woodward Park. We don't want to give all of that up for another bedroom.  

Our plan is to stay in this house for a little while. If the twins arrive and we feel like we're busting at the seams-we'll deal with it then. We hope the next house can be permanent-something we can be in for the next 15 years as we raise our kids. Something with outdoor space like we had growing up.....where Gage can go dig a hole or build a fort with no consequences. Not so easy to find in Fresno.....but hopefully worth the wait.

A new car, on the other hand, is a MUST. We have to get something our whole family can fit in. Options are limited. Suburban, Yukon XL, Escalade (which my husband would never buy-and shouldn't because I don't take good care of my cars), and........the dreaded minivan. Everyone we've talked to that has a minivan loves it's convenience......but I just can't see myself flushing my youth and style down the toilet. At the same time-we'll get what works best for our family and if that means a minivan-so be it. You know......as much as I dread the thought.......I also don't want to get caught up in having bigger, better, and more. 

More on that tomorrow.....

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment