Thursday, January 10, 2013

People are so good........

Earlier this week my neighbor Carrie brought spaghetti and a loaf of french bread over so I wouldn't have to cook. It was fabulous and the kids both LOVE spaghetti so it was perfect!

My friend Chrissy with this blog passed on a HUGE box of Greyson and Doodle's boy duds for me. There was so much to go through I had to take a break......then another break......then one more break while going through it!

A wonderful surprise luncheon/shower was thrown for me last week. It was perfect-just a few close girlfriends made for a nice intimate lunch. Danneal came and brought the twins!! Not only did she take time from her crazy busy life, she brought the adorable Penny and Charlie AND the most thoughtful gift with TONS of things I'll need but hadn't thought of!! It was certainly a little glimpse into my future.......and as she got both the girls into that Moby wrap we all had our eyes wide and jaws hanging open in awe. Then she passed on one twin girl's worth of preemie and newborn clothes. It wouldn't seem like much in just one tote bag but with the clothes so tiny the stash seemed never-ending!


Julie took time from her kids and work to join us and brought a bouncer and some clothes for the little man. It's a good thing cause I am much more prepared for baby girl than baby boy!! She is expecting her own bundle of joy, a baby girl, in May and I can't wait to meet another little Gonzales. I hope I have the time and energy to make something special for her! Christina joined us bringing the sweetest matching Polo outfits for the babies. One pink, one blue.......still can't believe there's two. She makes such great company-it was wonderful to have her there and I'm thankful she lined up someone to watch Carter so she could join us! Sister came and she's been so busy with all that her kids have going on I don't see her as often as I'd like. She brought adorable matching Nike's for the twins. Then Jenny had beautiful flowers delivered and gave us a most generous gift card. With her own two little ones under two and a business to maintain she's busy; I'm so glad she was able to make time to join us and it was great to see her!

33 weeks


My friends Alyson went above and beyond in putting together a celebration for our growing family. I was moved by her thoughtfulness and generosity in throwing this surprise shower. One of her gifts was a Moby wrap so I could do "The Danneal" and wrap and carry these two!!

I was overwhelmed by the generosity of my friends......I am so grateful.

I'm off to a non-stress test then back work on the bedding for the twins........I'll post pics when it's all said and done......IF I ever finish!!

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment