Thursday, January 24, 2013

The dreaded, "How are you feeling?"

I know that when people call or text to ask how I'm feeling it's because they're thinking of me but it's a question I hate to be asked right now......

Why? I've always tried to live by, "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" and anytime my kids complain I remind them-"Nobody likes negativity". It's never been an issue with prior pregnancies because I've always felt great. This one I'm sure is made worse by the fact that there are TWO babies, I'm......older, and my body didn't have time to fully recover after Gracie. 

As people have asked, "How are you feeling?" I've been lying and saying, "Good". Then last week my father-in-law called me out on my lie and I realized I'd better come up with something else to say.......

The truth is I'm tired-more exhausted than I've ever been for this length of time. I think if I didn't have time to nap when Gracie does during the day I would die of tired. I don't sleep well because I'm up every two hours to use the ladies room and by the third time my mind starts to work and I can't turn it off. If it's not that then it's pain that wakes me-from contractions making me sore, pain in the ribs from one twin living in them, heartburn, hip pain, back pain you name it. We have a good mattress-I can't imagine how bad it would be if we didn't. I get winded from rolling over in bed-which is a process.....I'm not even sure it can be called rolling over. My belly itches like crazy all day every day. By the time I leave a trip to Target it takes everything I have to walk normal instead of waddling. Every evening Matt takes care of the clean-up and dishes after dinner (this is hands down the worst time of day for me). He'll say, "I've got it-go take a hot shower". The time is treasured but it would be so much more comfortable with a shower chair.......seriously. I have to sit to blow dry my hair because standing in one place for too long becomes painful.

I'm so grateful for Matt and Gage.....they've both been busy taking care of things for me. That's probably the hardest part for me......I know Matt's been hard at work all day and I feel guilty when he takes on the dinner and clean up jobs too. Anytime I drop something Gage can be heard from the next room, "Don't worry Mom, I'll get it! Don't bend over!" It's so sweet. 

Here's a picture.......just the belly because I had just woken up from my nap and I had bed head......


See that black thing wadded up on the floor? Those are Matt's sweats that I couldn't WAIT to put on. 

Anyway.....go ahead and ask me how I'm feeling. I came up with a standard answer-I'm hanging there.......

Love 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment