Wednesday, January 16, 2013

They really could be coming any day.....

Since the holidays we've been busy getting things ready for the twins.....finally bought some diapers, cribs are put together, I finished sewing the major parts of the bedding, take home outfits are washed and I'm working on packing the hospital bag.

The non-stress tests (which I have every Monday and Thursday) have been going well.......the twins seem to be happy in there. I'm seeing Dr. Swanson every Thursday and he still thinks I'm the perfect person to be carrying twins......but I think Dr. Swanson has a way of making all of his patients feel like everything is perfect.

When we found out we were expecting I decided I wanted to make the bedding for the nursery (aka-our bedroom, ha!) myself. Then when we found out it was twins......I reconsidered.....then decided I still wanted to make it. The hardest part was finding fabric-I really didn't love my options. I wanted the fabrics to be the same prints but one to be blue, the other pink. The other concern was that these two might be sharing a room with Gracie so I wanted theirs to maybe coordinate with hers just a little. After hours of browsing the Internet I really think I might become a fabric designer cause I couldn't find anything. I finally settled for using minky for the ties. I can't say that I LOVE the bedding....but I like it......and I DO love that I made it for them myself.

Hers......
 His......
 We're having TWO.......

The toughest part was that these are mini cribs so there were no GOOD patterns or tutorials to follow online......it was a real do-it-yourself.

Last night as Matt and I laid in bed we realized that if I were to deliver at the same time Danneal did-I would have these babies tomorrow......and that also coincides with the average delivery time for twins.......yikes. So today I pack my hospital bag for sure. Anticipating the twins is different from a single baby. On one hand I can't wait to see their faces, give them names and love them.....on the other hand I'm worried about being able to handle it all and in some ways I'd just rather they stay in there. It's not like me to be so up and down.

I'm starting to feel BIG......but I'm not complaining because I'm lucky. I haven't gained too much weight, as of now I still have no stretch marks (don't worry-I still have a few weeks for those who might be wishing them upon me), and my wedding ring isn't even snug. But when I catch my belly in the mirror it looks crazy huge and I've lost track of how big it really is. I've almost burned myself a few times with the iron and against the stove. I was stirring the soup and suddenly by tummy was burning.......oops, didn't realize it was so far out there!

It's been so cold that I realize if there was ever a time to be stuck inside resting-this is it! I figure by the time I'm feeling ready to get out and take my brood for a walk the weather will be turning back to the warm side!

Lately I'm VERY tired........I have a haircut this morning and I slept terribly so I'm honestly afraid I'll fall asleep during the cut. Danneal said she was more tired at the end of her pregnancy than she was in the first weeks after their birth so that gives me hope. It's a kind of tired that makes me scared......I'm afraid I'll fall asleep driving or that I'll fall asleep and Gracie will get into something.

For those of you praying for us-thank you. Pray that I don't fall asleep during my haircut, ha! :)

Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment