Sunday, June 24, 2012

Got your keys mom??

That was a question my brother asked my mom EVERY time we got out of the car as kids. I'll get back to that later.....

Gage enjoys summer nights learning to do cartwheels.......



 Climbing the fence to visit with the neighbors.....


 And working on balance.......

 Gracie spends hers bottoms up....
 Enjoying her first Otter Pop :).....


 Clapping her hands.....


 And watching Gage in wonder......

Can you believe Gracie's chompers? They are so big for such a little peanut.....

Back to "Got your keys mom?".........Last Wednesday the kids and I headed out to run errands. Long story short I was in Matt's car instead of mine. We pulled into the parking lot of Joann Fabrics when I realized I had left my wallet in MY car-which was parked at my house. I HAD to have the fabric to finish a gift so we headed home to pick up my wallet. As I pulled in the driveway I realized I should probably make a bottle for Gracie and grab an iced tea for myself too. So I ran in and made a quick bottle for Gracie and a tea for myself. I got back in the car, put it in reverse to leave and Gage said, "Did you get your wallet mom?"............Wow. I'm an idiot. I DID NOT get my wallet. Luckily we were still in the driveway so I grabbed my wallet and we continued on with our errands. 

It's the story of my life......searching frantically for my phone before I finally realize that I'm talking on it. Sometimes it's my keys that get lost, others it's sunglasses.......or diaper bag.....or my list-you know, the one I made so I don't forget anything. Constantly I find myself running back in the house and still something is always left behind. I think every mother goes through this phase but I'm not sure there are any mothers worse than me on this one. 

We live ever on the bright side over here though.........so I might forget my list, phone, keys, wallet, planner, diaper bag or sunglasses........BUT-I've never forgotten my kids. I've never left them anywhere, I've never forgotten to feed them, bathe them, say good morning and goodnight, read to them daily, and never has a day gone by that I forgot to tell them "I love you". In the big scheme of life........I guess I'm doing alright. 

Love.




No comments:

Post a Comment